PICK A SUITABLE TIME
- Before starting your journey, to Safaris In Tanzania, you must pick your Best Time For Safari In Tanzaniafor a happening Safari life.
- It is all fine to bump into Tanzania during any month of the year but still we recommend visiting Safaris Tanzaniaduring the dry season.
- The headline attraction of Tanzania is the Great Migration, which is seen all the year-round across the Serengeti. Many people visit there, between July and September to get a chance to witness huge bunch of wildebeest, zebra along other species crossing the Mara River and the fear ensues as they try to evade the jaws of crocodiles and other predators waiting to attack.
- If you like quitter environment then Tanzania’s ‘green season’ which falls between November and March, is a good choice.
- There will be a chance of rain showers that it’s a fantastic time for birds watching as during this time thousands of migratory species arrive in Mara River.
- You will also get a chance to witness the Great Migration herds with their new born calves.
- You should select your desired activities in Tanzania and accordingly choose your Tanzania Safari Packages.
- Morning and afternoon game drives are the basic safari activities, but if you want an excursions like night game drives or guided bush walks or hot-air balloon safaris, then you must be clear before that these facilities are only allowed in some certain camps and areas.
PEOPLE & CULTURE
- Tanzania contributes more than 120 ethnic groups to the African population, with a noteworthy number of Asians, Europeans and Arabs too.
- Tanzania has promoted a pleasant national culture, and that is based on an elusive but strong social code of politeness and respect.
- Swahili and English are the official languages in Tanzania.
- Religious belief is very strong in Tanzania that includes Christianity and Islam in majority.
- Most Muslims live on the coast of Zanzibar. So, you should be aware of the conservative nature of these areas, especially the Stone Town, Zanzibar. And your dress and behavior should be accordingly.
- Tanzania History & Economy says though Tanzania has a very weak economy, the people of Tanzania are well-known for being harmonious and friendly people, however.
COST & PRICE
- The currency used in Tanzania is the Tanzanian Shilling, but our Tanzania Travel Adviceis to bring US Dollars only and bring as much cash as you can.
- Credit cards and traveller’s cheques is not a good option as it surges transaction fees. ATMs are found in the major towns and cities of Tanzania only, but not in the national parks or game reserves.
- Your total Tanzania Safari Cost depends on the itinerary you chose and the places or activities you desire to perform.
- So, a basic Tanzania SafariPackages starts with $1000 and above. But if you are opting for a Tanzania Luxury Safari, it will cost almost $3000 and above.
- Tipping lodge staff and drivers and Safari guides is an expected for good service on a Tanzania Safari.
- Tipping is always an addition to the price quoted by one operator and the tipping amount varies depending on the level of luxury and the size of your group on the Tanzanian safari.